If you want to change the look of a metal piece - lamp, chandelier, candlestick, door knob, etc. - go to either ACMoore or Hobby Lobby (although I totally hate their politics but I wimped out to buy this) and buy a product called "Buff 'n Rub". It comes in several metal finishes (bronze, silver, gold, copper, Platinum, etc), and you can totally change anything metal to another metal or maybe another material? I was only interested in metal so I didn't investigate other options. You rub it on to the desired shade, and then, when it's dry, buff it if you want a glossier finish. First I 'bronzed' the chandelier wine glass holder from black to bronze, and then I 'bronzed' the entryway fixture from the gold/silver finish to bronze. Totally different look, and it washed off my hands quite "easily" (However, I recommend gloves!).
Tah Dah - here are the photos of the center island fixture. I'm not sure about the ultra white lights - maybe a soft white? Combination of the two? Feel free to voice an opinion. We love it, though. (PS the men in the background are the grouters/sheetrockers/painters/etc.)
and for those of you who want to see Mrs. Besse in action, here she is! The carpet she is on has a lot of stains - they're our entry carpets that we're not changing until we move. Check her out on the corners - very good!
No comments:
Post a Comment