The Finished Product???

The Finished Product???
We decided to downsize!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

11/10 & 11/11 - Things are moving along at a really rapid pace. We know it will slow down at some point, but it hasn't happened yet. Actually some of the slowest action - wiring, plumbing, HVAC, happened while we were in France.

I got to the house late on the 10th and could barely see — even with a flashlight. In fact, one of the neighbors came by to be sure I wasn't pilfering things from the house! Apparently most thieves aren't dressed up and wearing ballet flats, so I passed the not guilty test. All of the exterior vinyl was in place, and all the spackling was finished and sanded.



By 12:30 on Tuesday there was primer on all the walls, Duroc in the showers, many interior doors and the pull-down stairs delivered, the supporting arch removed from the front doorway, and the cabinet installed next to the fireplace. By 4:30 the first coat of paint was on all the walls, ceilings, and inserts - more about that later.




 The arch or ex-arch

 The entryway ceiling - eventually it will be stained.


 The wood on the floor is for the crown molding.



Guest shower

 The "costly mistake" with Duroc

Cabinet by the fireplace. The shelves will be glass. Note the greenish light to the left of the fireplace. More about that in a bit.



Dining area ceiling

Living room

 Study

Guest room



Now for what may be "costly mistake" #2 - the paint color in our bedroom is not at all what we thought it would be. I didn't just use the little chip to choose the color, I bought the large sample sheets and painted them. Jeff went to the house this morning and says it doesn't look bad (????) in daylight, and we might (?????) like it. If not, he says - and he's right - we know how to paint! I don't think it 'goes' at all with the insert color, and I think we'll look really sickly - and it doesn't 'go' at all with our sheets. ARGH!



I'm going there in a little while - before it gets too dark. Maybe (?) the second coat will make a difference??



No comments:

Post a Comment